Oak Run Elementary, A Public Montessori School
Our Mission is to ensure learning for all, no limits, no excuses & unlimited possibilities. We do this by building partnerships, maintaining high expectations, creating rigor, relevance, & responsiveness, proving more time & support, meeting the needs of the whole child, & being persistent & passionate about children.
- Students are skilled in creating relationships and partnerships with adults and fellow students that promote self-exploration, growth, empathy & confidence.
- Students are constantly building awareness of their environment and how personal choices affect both themselves and the world around them.
- Students are excited, eager, and come prepared to learn, think critically, problem solve and be creative.
- Teachers and community members are focused on delivering powerful learning opportunities through hands on projects and by allowing students the freedom to explore their own individualized learning interests.
- Teachers and community members shape students’ consciousness of physical needs of movement, nutrition, and the ability to make healthy life choices.
- Teachers and community members provide guidance in forming principles and habits that create a strong ethical code and moral compass.
We Believe in
- Meeting the needs of the whole child (physical, intellectual, emotional, social & moral)
- No excuses why students aren’t learning
- Learning requires powerful learning opportunities
- Learning is most effective in a safe, positive, supportive & trusting culture
- Every child is capable of learning
- Every child needs to be empowered
- Developing personal accountability, competence, & self-esteem
- High expectations, rigor, engagement, & feedback
- Providing everyone with the opportunity to excel
- A strong positive relationships between families, school & community
- We all make a difference, if we choose to be a difference!
- Being safe, respectful, & responsible
- Healthy lifestyle, enjoying life & humor
- Character & citizenship
- Listing & respecting others opinions & feelings
- Open & direct communication
- Positive relationships, building trust, & resolving interpersonal conflicts
- Taking responsibility & accountability
- Continuous improvement
- Knowing each student well, their uniqueness, & giving them a voice
- Making learning real, relevant, & full engagement
- Providing extra time and additional support to students
- Positive learning environment
- Stewardship of the land
- Democracy and respect for all people
- Partnerships with the community
About oak run elementary school
Approximately 80 K-8 students are enrolled at Oak Run School District with 10 students enrolled in our Oak SEED Preschool.
Our rural school, located about 22 miles northeast of Redding, is proud to be a community school. Our students appreciate the traditions and pride of the community. We welcome you to come and visit our school where students are safe, respectful, responsible and productive. We always have room for you!